Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Icing On The Cake



I know almost nothing about cake decorating. I'm not just saying it either. I honestly have the big "nada " when it comes to cake decorating know-how or experience but I am a painter and I figure that ought to help me somehow. I may be fooling myself but I figure between "Charm City Cakes" and "The Cake Boss" programs on TLC, I've been inspired enough to believe that I ought to give it a whirl. I guess you could say, I'm a woman on a mission.
I often avoid store-bought cakes because of the shocking vibrance of bakery-counter colors, so I decided to try some neutralized pastels and some fun colors for flowers. Though you can't see them all in this picture, for the most part, I liked how these colors turned out but the frosting was really too soft for some flowers and too stiff for others. I'm filing this under "lessons learned" and will keep messing with texture and color for a few days. I'll let you know what happens and if it even looks remotely edible, I'll post a picture in a few days. In other words, don't go holding your breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment