Friday, July 24, 2009

Brown Paper Packages


Something about this picture makes me think of "The Princess and the Pea." Except, of course, that in this case, the item that doesn't belong in the guest bed is on top instead of under ten mattresses. And except that I can't remember how that story even ended. And... except the gift wasn't intended to tell me anything about my guest; I only wanted to show how special their visit was to me. I placed it on a pillow at the foot of the bed and kind of fell in love with the way it looked. No planning at all. Love when that happens. I used silk ribbon which I hand-dye for my business (Brown Paper Packages) and naturally, a brown paper covered box. I don't think it even mattered what was inside...

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a person who my friend used to buy ribbon from. Wondering if it is you, as she had mentioned "Brown Paper Packages?" She had a shop in northern MI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS The Store was called"The Red Ladder" and she is now re-opening but has misplaced your (if, indeed, we have the right person) phone number.


    thanks
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is me! Thanks for re-connecting us. I can be reached via email at brownpaperpackages@earthlink.net
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete